The Two Ducks shop in St. John's will continue to offer takeaway and click and collect during the second lockdown.
4 November update:
Along with all other non-essential shops we will be closed for normal business from Thursday 5 November until the lockdown ends in early December (fingers crossed).
In line with the government guidelines we will however be able to continue offering our gifts and coffee/cake in the following ways:
1. Takeaway service: coffee/tea and our homemade cakes will be available to buy from the shop. As we're trying to be environmentally sustainable please bring your own travel mug if you can, or we can provide a takeaway cup for an additional 5p.
2. Click and Collect: you can purchase most of our product ranges from our website (and we'll be adding more on) and then collect from the shop the next day, or the same afternoon for orders placed by 11am. Our normal website returns policy will apply.
3. Delivery, locally or nationally: you can also continue to purchase from our website as normal and pay for either Royal Mail delivery anywhere in the country, or for a small fee we will deliver by hand in the Woking area only. Local deliveries will take place on Friday afternoons for all orders made by 11am on Friday morning. (For delivery details, see below.)
Please note: Our opening hours for takeaway and click and collect will be 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Saturday.
In order to make this happen in a Covid-safe way, we will rejig the shop to serve you at the front, allowing just one customer/couple in at a time. This will mean if there is someone already being served you will need to queue outside the shop (we will keep the canopy open to protect against poor weather). We would therefore just ask for your patience and to queue with good social distancing and consideration for others.
With regards to the workshops and shopping evenings planned during November, Lucy French our events co-ordinator is contacting everyone individually to organise alternative arrangements.
- Now we are back into lockdown we offer a delivery service on FRIDAY AFTERNOONS in the Woking area only (roughly within 5 miles of our shop in St John's) for a charge of £2.00 for those people who prefer not to come to the shop for Click and Collect. This will apply to any orders placed before 11am that Friday.
- For those items delivered by hand we will ring the door bell and knock on the door and then leave the item at the door or in a safe place nearby. If required we will contact you afterwards to let you know where the item has been left.
- All queries about online orders should be directed to our email address email@example.com. We will monitor the mailbox each day.
- We will also provide a postal delivery service using Royal Mail if requested at the prices shown but given the circumstances it is possible that delivery may take longer than advertised and we cannot guarantee delivery for a specific date.
Thank you so much to all of our customers for your support. We hope we are able to see you all again as soon as possible.
Best wishes, Claire and the team. X